4/21/2011

A doubting sceptic

Holy Thursday, the day of the Cenacolo. Easter has always been important to my family, because of our religion of course. Both my parents were born to be catholics, and so, by blood, I am too. As a child I never questioned the doctrines, they were there for a reason and who was I to think differently? Who was I to dispute a cultural heritage that had been in the family for hundreds if not thousands of years? I went along and even came to love the traditions, the closeness, the church.

But as the years passed and I got older, I started seeing all the evil in the world. Not close at hand, but from a distance. I've always been sheltered, for better or for for worse, but I'm not blind. I began to wonder how it was possible for the world to be evil if God is good, but I hadn't yet understod there was a name for that contradiction.

Now I do.

5 comments:

  1. God is there. He's on a vacation though and checks in once in a while, pushing things into place. His whims and fancy.

    But as a whole, God ain't there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by my little blog. :)

    Happy Easter to you and your family!


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment, luv!
    Let's follow each other.
    I'm following you now; I'm the #26 follower.
    ... followed back?

    http://momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, deep. I started going to church when I was in high school. First because of the cute boys, but then later because I realized I needed God. But that's just me. It was something I had to come to myself.

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you're talking about. I was born to a Catholic mother, and there are things that I have been told to believe, but I'm ...skeptical, I guess?

    ReplyDelete