5/25/2012

Un certo sorriso

I'm back in a summery Toscana, it was hard leaving Avy again but at least she's not alone. The evenings here are so warm, when Bruno sits me down on his veranda and brings me a plate of prosciutto I remember the tastes and smells from years ago. It makes me angry, I can see the past but not the future, and what if those lost moments never return to me?

I can't be weak but I am, I miss my family and my childhood because things were so easy back then. I didn't ask any questions because I didn't need to know, it wasn't important. The only thing that mattered was this night and the next morning, spending time with them without a worry, without a single cloud in the sky.

Tom has promised to join me this week. He says he's not scared, I know he's lying but it doesn't matter. I need him here, as someone to lean on when the memories come too close.


12 comments:

  1. 'I can't be weak but I am'. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all about the MOMENT together. nothing else matters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your blog

    whatweweretold.blogspot.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO good to see you both together in this picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that i feel like i'm reading a story when i read your blog.
    and it's okay to feel weak... it's natural, it's human, and that way you'll know when you're getting stronger.

    xo
    ardena rose
    lavieenardenarose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blog!

    www.constance-victoria.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean... that feeling that in childhood you were untouchable, that the world could be resumed by a bright blue sky and a yellow sun drawn in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your blog dear!
    Keep posting, you do it great!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Childhood. Sometimes those moments make me sigh with happiness other times those moments make me cry because i urge to relive them.

    Your writing is just great.

    http://etantmoi.blogspot.com/
    http://etantmoi.blogspot.com/
    http://etantmoi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete