5/11/2011

A dream come true

I was born in Los Angeles but grew up in Siena in Italy. It's the most beautiful place in the world when the late evening sun rolls over those soft Tuscan hills, but my father had to move because of his business when I was 8. Until then, my cousin Lorenzo was my best friend in the whole world, and the first person I felt really close to. I've always been a reserved personality, but with him I felt so much more alive and free.

Since we moved I've been back several times, but it's never been quite the same. Whenever we go there I can't forget that we'll soon have to go home again, and in the end that's all I can think of. Los Angeles is my home, but my heart belongs in Italy, with the rest of my family and Lorenzo.

And now, of course, I've never been more anxious to go back and see him again.

10 comments:

  1. It's an odd feeling that, when Home is in two places. I feel the same way about Ireland and the US.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly hope your cousin is ok. I know the feeling of something so major happening to someone you truly care for and not being there to go through it with them.
    Your writing is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this picture! The headband and dress are great too!

    http://badjoan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photo, Beautiful ^^'
    http://tempo-de-mudancas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautifull post!
    I follow you, thank u for visit my blog.
    xx
    Bego

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVELY! http://thekeytoconstantia.blogspot.com/ could you follow? i'm new to this xx

    ReplyDelete