1/01/2012

New days new times

They say that new year's eve means getting the chance to start over again, but this is not what I had had in mind. At dinner, dad stood up and started talking about the year that had passed and the one that was about to begin. He said we need to put the past behind us and forget everything that made us sad, then raised his glass and smiled at me.

I totally lost it and screamed at him, because it felt like such an insult. I can never forget my cousin and the way things changed when he passed away, and I don't want to either. I ran out of the house and called Henry, but he didn't understand a word I was saying. I was shook up and in tears and said I would call him again later, but I never got in touch with him. Instead I ended up in some park close to midnight, surrounded by people I had never seen before.

I felt so lost and alone, someone saw me and asked me how I was. I don't remember what I told him but at the stroke of midnight we were kissing. I got back home around 3 in the morning and found everyone asleep. This morning they acted as if nothing had happened, and I have a phone number in my pocket but no idea what to do with it. If 2011 was strange, 2012 started even stranger.

5 comments:

  1. holy crazy bizarre! sounds like a strange dream. is henry gonna be mad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes the strangest things lead to happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is full of surprises, S! I feel you have understood it by now.. :)

    Happy New Year.. Stay Blessed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness! what an insane story. call the number :D and thank you for your sweet comment :)

    hapatime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete